DigiiStore: Our Policy
At DigiiGifts, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to DigiiGifts, Saffron House, 67 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1AA.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website or contact us, for example:
- when you register an account with us to make a purchase
- when you submit a contact form
- when you respond to a questionnaire or survey
- give us feedback or interact with us for support relating to your order
- when you contact us about an order or place an order with us
- when you make an enquiry over the phone or via email
- when you opt in to receive marketing communications
What type of information is collected from you?
Personal data you give us: This is data about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It also includes data you provide when you purchase services from us or subscribe to receive information from us. The data you might give us includes your name, address, email address, phone number, and company information, among other types.
Personal data we collect about you: When you visit our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including your internet protocol (IP) address
- and analytical information, for instance, information about what pages of our site are accessed, when and how the pages are used by you
Personal data provided by third-parties:
- Contact and Financial Data from the providers of technical and payment services;
- Identity and Contact Data from a third party, such as your employer or other company that is providing you with gifts/rewards
- Identity and Contact Data from credit reference agencies, other electronic identity verification service providers and other publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Please note, turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Main Cookies used on our site
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited
How is your personal data used?
We will use personal data given to us:
- to carry out our obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide information, products and services you have request from us
- to register a customer record, including processing orders and delivering orders to recipients
- By supplying the data of third parties (such as gift code recipients), you are verifying that you have permission and the legal right to supply this data for the purposes of completing the order
- to confirm and verify your identity
- to manage our relationship with you, including:
- to manage operation of your account
- process transactions
- manage and process fees and charges
- collect and recover money owed to us
- to notify you about any changes to our services
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- to provide you with information about other goods or services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about
- responding to feedback, requests or information from you
- to notify you of order anniversaries or repeat order information
- to ask you to leave a review/take a survey
- to process a grant or job application.
Personal data we collect about you will be used:
- to administer and improve our site, and for internal operations – troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to protect our business and this website
- to optimise the delivery of website content in the most effective manner across various devices
- to measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to ensure advertising is relevant to you
Our Legal Basis for processing your personal data
- It is necessary for us to process your data for performance of the contract entered into between us and to provide you with updates regarding our services
- In certain circumstances, after obtaining your consent to do so, we will process your personal data for the purposes of sending you marketing communications.
When we rely on our legitimate interests in order to collect and use your personal data, we must consider whether those legitimate interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms. We may continue only if we decide that your interests, rights and freedoms do not override our legitimate interests.
We have considered these matters, and where we think there is a risk that one of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected, we will not use your personal data unless there is another legal basis for us to do so (either that it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you, or on the basis of your consent).
How long we keep your data?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations.
By law, we have to keep basic information about you (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for 5 years after our business relationship with you ends for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) purposes.
We will keep records of orders fulfilled (and relevant data) for 12 months, or until the product purchased has expired, whichever is longer.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
- We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents or subcontractors for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. None of these agents will supply your data to any other parties, nor shall they contact you independently.
We may also share your personal data with selected third parties, including:
- your employer or other entity that has enrolled you into their rewards programme for the performance of any contract we have entered into with them and/or the performance of our contract with you (for example, to deliver vouchers to you);
- with technical payments processor to enable payments authorisation;
- voucher production and delivery vendors to enable delivery of vouchers to you/intended recipient;
- Customer Services team, for the purpose of resolving issues with your order;
- electronic identity verification, credit referencing agencies and sanctions screening service providers;
- digital marketing platform providers for the purposes of sending marketing communications to you, and for analysis services designed to inform our marketing strategy.
However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the company for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you so that you can ensure its accuracy. You can do this by the following methods:
Send an email to the administrator here, and request the information held about you via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may write to us at: FAO Data Controller, DigiiGifts, Saffron House, 67 High Street, Saffron Walden, CB10 1AA
Withdrawal of Consent (opting out)
You can at any time withdraw your consent to direct marketing by:
- Clicking on the unsubscribe option on any emails received
- Contacting us and requesting to be unsubscribed, via phone, email or post
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the browser window to confirm that this is in place.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Unless permission is otherwise granted, these email addresses will not be used for direct marketing purposes.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in February 2021.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as “right of access” or “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you or are otherwise processing.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected. We will need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third-party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third-party. We will provide to you, or a third-party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email email@example.com write to Data Protection Officer, DigiiGifts, c/o Identity Creative, Saffron House, 67 High Street, Saffron Walden, CB10 1AA
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Your right to complain
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/).
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns ourselves before the ICO is involved, so please contact us in the first instance.